Wayne Singleton is an Australian Relief Block printmaker specialising in black and white, and hand coloured, linocut prints.
Born in Melbourne, Wayne initially trained as a Stereo Cutter (relief block maker) at ACI Fibre Packages before he studied art and design at Preston Institute of Technology. He also holds post graduate qualifications in the areas of secondary education, social science and religious education.
He has been an exhibiting printmaking artist since the 1980’s. He now lives in Brisbane where he designs, cuts and colours his prints in his home studio. Wayne is a member of the Brisbane Artists’ Collective called "Impress" and he produces his prints using their Kedron studio workshops.
In the past Wayne has supported his art practice by teaching drawing, art and design both at secondary school level and in adult education sectors. He now works as a full time printmaker.
- 1999 ‘Cutting it big’ Mombasa Gallery, Brisbane
- 2001 ‘Cutting observations’ Mombasa Gallery, Brisbane
- 2002 ‘Searching for one’s roots’ Multi-cultural Exhibition, Brisbane (group)
- 2004 ‘Off his block’ Artours Gallery, Brisbane
- 2005 Faizi’s Gallery, Brisbane
- 2008 ‘Art Teacher Art’ exhibition, Brisbane (group)
- 2008 Darlington Exhibition, Darlington Qld (group)
- 2009 Silkcut Print Awards, Glen Eira Gallery, Melbourne
- 2009 ‘Art Teacher Art’ exhibition, Brisbane (group)
- 2010 The Mayo Festival, Brisbane
- 2010 Silkcut Print Awards, Glen Eira Gallery, Melbourne
- 2011 Brisbane Grammar Art Exhibition (group)
- 2011 ’30 days hath September’ Robyn Bauer Studio Gallery, Brisbane (group)
- 2011 Silkcut Print Awards, Glen Eira Gallery, Melbourne
- 2012 Brisbane Grammar Art Exhibition (acquired artist), Qld
- 2012 Downlands College Art Exhibition, Toowoomba, Qld
- 2012 Silkcut Print Awards, Glen Eira Gallery, Melbourne
- 2013 Brisbane Grammar Art Exhibition, Qld
- 2013 ‘Cutting away’ Gallery 54, Brisbane
- 2014 Downlands College Art Exhibition, Toowoomba, Qld
- 2014 Brisbane Grammar Art Exhibition, Qld
- 2015 Clayfield College Art Exhibition, Brisbane - winner of the 'People's choice award'
- 2015 Brisbane Grammar Art Exhibition - Featured artist
- 2016 Royal Queensland Art Society 'Diversity in print' exhibition, Brisbane
- Winner of the RQAS Print Award for Relief Block Printmaking and the 'people's choice' award.
- 2016 Stanthorpe Art Festival
- 2016 Brisbane Grammar Art Exhibition, Qld
- 2016 Nudgee College Art Festival - Featured artist
- Anglican Church Grammar School (Churchie)
- Brisbane Boys Grammar School
- IMPRESS Printmakers Studio, Brisbane
- Barcaldine Arts Council, Barcaldine, Queensland
Wayne has works in many commercial and private collections - both in Australia and abroad.
Works sold through commercial galleries are not always possible to track, but the following Brisbane companies and institutions have his work in their collections:
- The Wesley Hospital
- Toowong Private Hospital
- Mater Private Hospital
- Sunshine Coast Univeristy Hospital
- Ord Minnett
- Water Solutions
- PlaceMate Architects
- St Margaret's Anglican Girls School
- Brisbane Boys' Grammar School
- Anglican Church Grammar School